The CNC Machinist position requires mechanical aptitude, good attendance, and a strong work ethic, with the ability to change priorities in a fast-paced environment. You will be required to plug into many roles as CTE is a growing engraver in Elk Grove Village, IL. You will operate CNC-controlled machine shop equipment, predominately milling brass and high-performance plastic. The position also will use a hot press, drills, and sanding equipment to finish components for our customer base.
- Perform complete set-ups including loading and setting all tooling, loading programs, running parts complete with high tolerances, inspecting parts as running to ensure all dimensions are within tolerances.
- Complete fast, efficient, and effective set-ups for orders and quickly change to the next project in the discussed schedule.
- Review films, drawings, specifications, or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of part/product, sequence of operations, and/or set up requirements.
- Select, align, and secure the holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials.
- Start and observe machine operation to detect any malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, and adjust the machine controls as necessary.
- Adhere to company and departmental policies, procedures, and standards.
- Perform other duties within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
- Maintain safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- High School graduate or GED.
- 5+ years machining experience preferred but not essential.
- Must be able to speak and understand English.
- Ability to hold close tolerances and conduct component inspections.
- Ability to work in fast pace environment.
- Must be able to work independently and be self-motivated and maintain attention to detail.
We offer a competitive compensation package including:
- Overtime Opportunities
- Paid Vacation Days
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Retirement Account
- CNC machining
- Familiarity with vertical milling machines
- Quality inspection
- Mechanical troubleshooting
Machines & technologies you’ll use:
- Vertical milling CNC
- Oblation Lasers
- Molding Presses